View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
100% Female!
  • Oct 2012
  • 420 johnlawwhiskey is just really nice
Quote from AlmondEyes View Post :
So frustrating Frown I'd like to know what electric blanket you guys have found that lasts more than a season. I recall when I was a kid an electric blanket lasted years. Seems now I have to buy one every season and I'm getting more aggravated each year.

I've read reveiws from other sites and I cannot find a blanket people are happy with that lasts several years. Sunbeam seems to be the worst, but also the ones that go on sale for under $30 for a full size blanket. Unless I can find one that lasts years, it seems the best value is to buy a Sunbeam real cheap every year. It's coming to the point I'm thinking of cheating the system by purchasing the same color each year and returning the old one in the new one's package to the store. I hate thinking this way, but a store should stand by their product and a product should do what it promises. Any reviews I've read state dealing with the blanket's company for their warrenty is pointless.

What say you fine folks? What blankets have lasted for years for you and how do you deal with the ones that only last a year?
I have Fibromyalgia and I go back and forth between heating pads and electric blankets. The best electric blanket that I have found to date is manufactured by Perfect Fit Industries. The specific one I have is known as the Triple Rib Electric Warming Blanket. I have had it for three years without a single problem. The blanket came with a 5 year warranty. The specific model number of the blanket that I have is QPI1012. Unlike the Sunbeam blankets (I have owned four different ones that they make), you can't feel the wires and coils through this blanket, and that makes it great for my Fibromyalgia. The Sunbeam blankets are very tough in pressing on the skin.

The other, less expensive alternative that I have had really good luck with is Biddeford, they have a 5 year warranty on most of their blankets as well. I agree that Sunbeam are the absolute worst. I have a friend who just waits until they Sunbeam ones go on sale and buys a new one every season. That's okay if you have money to throw away, which I don't.