View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
L1: Learner
  • Jan 2012
  • 13 Guriya79 is finding his bearings
Quote from ;56991774 :
READ the thread for latest info. Some people got denied when using the coupon.

What has been confirmed based on comment in this thread (WITHOUT manager override)Doesn't work on sale items - Not true according to some
One Single item must be more than $100 - Not true according to some
Doesn't work on GC - Confirmed to exclude gift cards by a Best Buy representative on Facebook, but YMMV

Note from a Slickdealer about gift cards: "Bought the Amazon GCs and manager thought $50 would be statement credit, told me if I did not get statement credit to come back and he would adjust. Did not want to play that game so returned the GCs and got a printer. The manager had to call their support team, and they said that it does not work on any GCs at all. (YMMV of course). It did not take the $50 automatically on the GCs but did on the printer..."

Doesn't work on video games - Not true according to some
Doesn't work on Kindle Paperwhite WiFi without manager override
To qualify for the discount, MasterCard must be used on a purchase of $100 or greater. Some people indicate ONE item need to be over $100, but multiple people have gotten it to work with no override on a combined purchase.

Other important details:
Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup.

Valid until 1/27/13

Email link: LINK

Link to PDF on Best Buy's web site: Here it is [bestbuy.com]

PDF: http://slickdeals.net/forums/atta...id=1737604

Let's see if I can post the URL as "code" and perhaps SD won't automatically bastardize it:

Code:
http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.c..._final.pdf
There ya go. Copy the link in the box above and paste it into your browser. The coupon is ON BESTBUY.COM.

BestBuy response on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/bestbuy/p...9842312022

If you don't have a Mastercard, purchase a prepaid Mastercard from any store and use it. Read cashier instructions on coupon. Doesn't seem to have exclusions regarding type of Mastercard.

Slickdealers had problems redeeming the coupon at these stores:
Boston, MA (South Bay)
Dedham, MA - 1/21/2013 10:12 AM ET
Braintree, MA - 1/21/2013 3:41 PM ET
Fenway, MA - 1/21/2013 2:30 PM ET
Orlando, FL (Waterford lake) - 1/21/2013 14:00 AM ET, the manager is very rude and asked me to tell my friends not come with this coupon. I would tell my friends not to come to bestbuy instead...
Overland park, KS -- Cashiers said this is a fake coupon
Seattle, WA (Northgate) 1/21/13 11:00AM PST -- Said it would only work for physical items.
Lynwood, WA 12:00PM PST -- Cashier said the coupon changed, no longer works for gift cards.
Atlanta (Perimeter)l-

Slickdealers were successful at these stores:

Marlborough, MA @ 11:51 had 3 items totaling 110.77, 2 of which (corsair RAM) were pricematches to amazon manager expressed i was lucky and last one he would allow to combined the deals. I guess they consider pricematch a deal.
Long Island City, NY

Quote from JackD121 :Manager at Austin store (research blvd) refused to honor the coupon on ANYTHING... said no to GC's first then when i tried to buy some video games he said it will not be honored as it is a scam ..

San Antonio, TX - 1/21/03 @ 1020 CST
Alpharetta, GA (N Point Mall) – No go, they wanted to see the actual email. This is a douche bag extraordinaire store begin with. So, was not hopeful at all.lSave your gas.
Douglasville, GA - worked without manager approval. MIDI Keyboard, Cowbell, Batteries, candy wouldn't work.
Works w/exceptions
Waterfront, Pittsburgh, PA (Gift Card worked for first 2 customers but manager said all other sales had to be purchases of physical items)
Bloomington, Indiana - Did not work on gift cards. was able to use it on a Roku XS 2
Louisville, KY @ Outer Loop - Snagged a 20" Insignia monitor for $50. Required a manager override.

Things that works WITHOUT OVERRIDE
If it confirmed to work without override, put here. Note, some sore won't even scan the coupon. Read above or read the thread.
itunes gift cards (Austin, TX, as of 1/21 1pm)
Cisco E2500 Wireless Router
IR blast Remotes
Logitech Harmony Remotes and PS3 Adapter
Any KEURIG coffee maker
Canon 50mm F/1.8 II worked without any manager override
Seagate Internal Barracuda 2 TB worked without any manager override at Fordham Road Best Buy in NYC
WD - Caviar Green 2TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive - SKU: 9234465 - North Haven CT [bestbuy.com]
Intel Series 520 SSD 120GB
Roku-2 XS (after adding some filler to make it 100+).
Conair Waffle Maker, Model: WMK600 SKU: 9826199
Sonicare Essence, 2 Handle Pack

Things NEED manager OVERRIDE YMMV
Visa GCs
Kindle GCs (usable for anything on Amazon)
Insignia 20" Monitor

Have any store pricematched this?

Things NOT confirmed to work WITHOUT manager OVERRIDE moved to here

Apple TV ( Had to add some filler to make $100+.)
Apple Airport Express (worked, even opened box)
Live Animals
Video Games
Blu Ray/DVD movies
Kinect
CD's
Vacuum Cleaners
Gaiam Yoga mats
Skittles
TVs not made by Samsung/SonyHard Drives/Computer components
Video Cards / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 660 [bestbuy.com]
Antec 1000W PSU [bestbuy.com]
eMedia - Teach Yourself Acoustic Guitar Pack (Steel-String) [bestbuy.com]

Worked : Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake lens [bestbuy.com]

Shop Status (Post what stores worked, semi worked, or refused. Feel free toupdate this!

Georgia
Atlanta (Perimeter) - Not taking coupon *today* "due to error in BBY system"

Maryland
Owings Mills - Gift Cards of any type - no good (manager said no), everything else is okay (minus exceptions) (1/21/13 @ 10:01)
Security Blvd - gift cards are considered "air time cards" therefore will not sell any product that requires "activation" with this promo, else products can be bought. (1/21/13 @ 11:20)
Frederick, MD (21703) - WORKED! needed mgr.. Wanted to buy 3 with seperate transactions, instead mgr took $150 off the canon 430 flash. (scooped for $111, down from $350 on sale for $255)
White Marsh, MD - The manager has asked all the associate to deny honoring the coupon because "the system does not apply the coupon correctly" . I talked to the manager and she refuses to do overrides even though I stood in line for 45 minutes.

Virginia
Manassas (20110) -Worked on Canon lens

Indiana
Bloomington (47404) - Did not work on gift cards. was able to use it on a Roku XS 2

Pennsylvania
Whitehall - did not work on gift cards, manager would not override.

Texas

Austin(78704 on Ben White Blvd) - did not work on gift cards, manager would not override.

Willowbrook(77066) - worked on Intel 520 120GB SSD drive. Coupon wouldn't scan but worked on manual entry.
Edit: They have stopped any GC purchase with coupon here in Willowbrook store. They are NOT doing manual override anymore. Whatever scans will be allowed only. Had to buy a kids DVD on top of Roku-2 XS to bring it above $100. Even school supplied or candy won't work .

Washington : Bellevue and Tukwila are no longer accepting purchases for gift cards

Florida: Jacksonville (St. John's Town Center) - Apple TV will not work.

Howell NJ
Didnt work on giftcards but I got 2 - aqua pure filters for Samsung refrigerator for $100 - $50 total being $50 plus tax. Manager had to override but it worked and still a decent deal.
Worked for apple t.v. In lakeland FL