View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
L1: Learner
  • Dec 2004
  • Coralville, IA
  • 202 sjrandall has a spectacular aura about
Quote from sch3k9 View Post :
Thanks for prompting me to make my own “lukewarm” deal… free is slick... paying anything for Quicken, a program that has been losing its loyal supporters left and right, well… I feel they need to work on their PR.

I’m going to put this out there for those, like me, who for whatever reason are a slave to the quicken program and don’t want to lose the communication feature in April when 2010 will stop working.

Staples.com has a nice price match policy. Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors' websites and Staples' retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill, Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox.

And they have the $40 rebate discussed in other threads here on Slickdeals.

For me, I “needed” Quicken Premier and Turbo Tax Deluxe.

Staples prices:
Quicken Premier $89.99
Turbo Tax Deluxe $55.99

For a total of $145.98

Quicken Premier (Sam's Club) $69.98
Turbo Tax Deluxe (Wal-Mart) $38.83

For a total of $108.81

To get the price match required two calls to the 1-800-333-3330, the first customer service representative would not match the Quicken Premier because the model numbers did not match. I hung up with her and then I opened up every “office” website, none of the model numbers matched. It appears to me that Quicken changes the last two numbers to track where the product is sold. On the second call, I got a customer service representative with a brain, and she did the price match.

Before paying, I applied coupon code 39173 for $15 off $100 online purchases (expires 1/20).

I had to pay tax, but no shipping… After rebates & coupons, both cost with tax less than $60. And will be delivered Wednesday.
I needed the same products, I paid a little more but went about it this way on Amazon.

Turbotax Deluxe for $39.83.
Quicken Deluxe for $41.98.
Minus $35 coupon code BTTG35QK.

Total is $46.81. I will wither be content with Quicken Deluxe or I will pay Intuit for the upgrade to Quicken Premier within the software, which should be $30 upgrade. With the upgrade, my grand total will be $76.81. Not too bad, I'm tired of waiting for better deals to come along...