View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • Jul 2010
  • 183 Masejoer has a spectacular aura about
Quote from MAK1981 View Post :
I find their prices good, still....
I do like the QUALITY of many of their items (mainly the Kirkland-branded stuff), but a lot of things used to be closer to half the price of retail. Perhaps retail has come down in price (relatively) over the years/inflation.The produce and whatnot are alright. The rest of the warehouse (I don't go there for anything but food since better deals can be had on clearances, craigslist, certain stores, etc) with less-perishable items just aren't priced well. I've even found that frozen fruits for smoothies I can get for a better deal per oz/lb at a store about a mile from my house. I still shop there since they continue to be one of the few reasonably priced stores that treat their employees quite well. The smaller places with similar ethics/food quality just costs much more.

The "sales" are still nothing great though, nor the current prices versus the incredible prices of their start-up days. It may all be the market and the way retail has shifted to warehouse pricing, with the internet and technology changing how everyone shops.