View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • May 2007
  • 86 wreptyle will become famous soon enough
Also, for those who are interested, here is an email response I had with McAfee back in 2010. I imagine we'll discover that Norton would be something similar. I posted this on FW as well.

Also, I called Parago (just for the heck of it, but I have no illusions that it'll get anywhere). The CSR said she will escalate this to the investigative department and for me to call back in 10-14 business days.

---------
Dear <me>,

I understand that you are upset with audit result from Parago. And after careful consideration, and I have researched the issue and decided to support the answer that has been already given. If you feel that I'm addressing your concerns then that unfortunate. The language under the terms and conditions states One rebate per product per household, and considering that all of our retail subscription are one year subscription. Also couple that with the fact that there has been well over 20 rebates submitted from the address <my address> with a 2010 date. Also the EULA applies to anyone who has our product, it's not possible to have the software installed on a computer without agreeing to the EULA. Part of my job is to take note of your feedback and communicate these issues internally with the goal of making an impact on our business policy moving forward. I also like to provide option or a work around to resolve the issue at hand.

I understand the need to cover many computers. I would like to get you in touch with my corporate sales team, to get you switched over to a corporate license. You also have the option to add more licenses to one individual account so you can protect more than one computer and keep them all under one email address. Let me know if this is something that you would like for me to set you up with. Again, I'm sorry if this has caused any trouble for you, and I hope all is well. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you and address your concern. I urge you to keep my direct contact number for any future McAfee needs. I am available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, Central Time.

Sincerely,

Eric Robinson
Executive Services Team
McAfee, inc.