View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Weee!
  • Aug 2007
  • Dairy Country, WI (unfortunately)
  • 179 johnnyp14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote from makaveddie View Post :
Beware - if you use the articulating screen and the crop video functions, you will lose those. Crop to full frame is a big difference in terms of lens reach for telephoto as well as the wide end on something like the 24-105 (which i had previously on my t2i).

I went with the 6d, if nothing else because i wanted better wide end on the 24-105 and i wanted better high ISO jpg capability. I can only imagine the 5dmk3 being an even better camera with its autofocus and build quality, but i couldn't justify the extra $1k when 2 features i wanted (GPS and WIFI) weren't included.

I might be using video once in a while, but action and candids for the most part.
GPS and wifi are also just 'extras' for me. I really like the specs on the 5D's focus system (41 cross points vs 1), 61 focus points (vs. 6D's 11), 1/8000 vs 1/4000 max shutter speed, and 6FPS vs 4.5FPS. Still trying to justify a $3500 purchase though... Stick Out Tongue
But who prays for Satan? woot Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
Mark Twain