View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
The one and only...
  • Dec 2006
  • Washingrad
  • 799 Hawk2007 is a splendid one to behold
Quote from AaronDotNET View Post :
I'll give you a TU because this is a good router. However, its not front page worthy because it was $39 AR about a month ago. That being said, I think its a great price for dual band N with Gagibit ethernet ports. I've had it about a month now and the range is very good, reaching all the way from my basement to my Roku in the upstairs bedroom. Running speed tests 2 floors away shows it maxing out my cable modems bandwidth. I'm also fairly certain the ethernet ports work well as I had a LAN party of about 10 people hooked up (obviously had to use some extra switches). My main complaints are that WPS doesn't always work and the 5GHz band doesnt perform well beyond one floor. However, to my knowledge, the last issue is really more related to the physics of 5GHz vs 2.4GHz bands.

Edie: I just realized I actually bought the N600 TL-WDR3600 version. Most of my review is probably still applicable, but I would assume the 5GHz band performs better on this model.
Quote from poetuan View Post :
That FP deal was during black Friday so it gives this deal some leeway on pricing

Yeah, looking at the dates, looks like it was black friday pricing.

The $40 TP-link from a few weeks ago was the N600. Obviously the N750 is a bit better, but you also have to have the antennas and wireless nic card that supports multiple bands to take advantage of the extra speed.
If you're happy with the Obama administration you can keep the Obama administration by voting for Clinton or Bush.