View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
L3: Novice
  • Aug 2012
  • 74 Jaxmoto will become famous soon enough
Quote from ebelviranli View Post :
As a person who bought this printer and returned it right after:

The cartridges for this printer have print head nozzles built-in. This is a pretty advanced technology and therefore there are NO non-OEM cheap cartridges available for sale. (AFAIK)

Closest bet is to refill them, which is not a feasible option when you consider the cartridge life span and annoying low-ink warnings.

You might want to go ahead with another printer for which there are cheap non-OEM cartridges with CHIP built-in

If you are rich enough to pay for OEM cartridges, discard my warning, otherwise THINK TWICE...

And as someone who buys large lots of electronics and throws away at least 5 of these every week I can confirm there are WAY better printers out there.

BROTHER is a great brand. Their MFC line is cheap, ink is tank only so you can get $0.50 refills off Amazon, their feeder rollers are high quality so they last a loooong time, their scanners come as sheet-fed so you can scan stacks of documents and the print heads actually clean themselves and start working after you select "clean" in the options.

Have used them for years and my last MFC printed about 20,000 pages before the print head started streaking a tiny bit, replaced the entire printer for $40 on sale woth a newer model.