View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
L10: Grand Master
  • Dec 2007
  • 651 DJPlayer is a splendid one to behold
Quote from politicaljunkie View Post :
Free ID? What about the birth certificate needed for that ID? What about the time from work and family obligations to sit at the DMV? Sure, i bet the working poor who have multiple jobs and don't have help at home for their kids have TONS of time to deal with that BS. Sure, most people can get it done, but some cant--and you guys just don't care about them. You're more concerned about the isolated asshole who succeeds in voting twice. Screw the thousands who don't get to vote because of these stupid effing laws.

What pisses me off is that republicans can't think even a bit beyond their own personal circumstances. If they don't have that particular problem, then that problem doesn't exist, and screw everyone who is too lazy to jump through the additional hoops you want placed in front of them.

Fact is, i support voter id laws--but only if they are done in a way to not impact the ability of everyone legally entitled to vote. When voter fraud happens rarely, why the hell do we employ measures to fixt that problem that results in a TON more disenfranchised voters? But these states employing these draconian measures (which are primarily republican led) don't care because it doesn't affect their voting base. That is bullshit and completely undemocratic.
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/voter/...dlaw.shtml

Quote :
The applicant must fill out a Department of State application form and sign an oath/affirmation that they are a registered voter and have no other form of identification that can be used for voting. While the person waits, staff at the Driver License Center will contact the Department of State to validate that the person is registered to vote. Once verified, the person will receive the free Voter ID, which is only valid for voting and will be good for 10 years.
I just took your entire argument (actually a rant) and tore it apart with the current process. You sign an affirmation and the state does all the work for you. All you need to do is show up.. You've already been aware for about a year now. Are we about to argue why you need to show ID to get welfare? Or maybe argue about proving one's qualifications.. maybe we should just let people do it online.. On second though.. why not just a big bag of money outside the office and let those who are eligible take what they should take.. Oh wait.. that wouldn't be fair to those who need to drive. So I guess we'll put bags of money on each street corner only for the poor to take their designating portion. Oh but what if they're ill and can't reach in.. hmm.. how about we just throw money up in the air and tell only those that qualify to catch it. Or maybe put money into everyone's bank accounts and don't qualify to please send it back. mmhhmm sounds like a plan.

Quote from 124nic8 View Post :
When it comes to voting rights, Republicans have no shame.
When it comes to gun owners rights, Democrats have no shame.

Last edited by DJPlayer; 02-08-2013 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -Malcolm X-