View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 PM
L2: Beginner
  • Feb 2009
  • Dallas, TX area
  • 32 mogadgets is finding his bearings
Quote from floatingDivs View Post :
LOL @ buying these basketball socks. I wear designer brands and what not when going out in public, but I'm certainly not going to dress like a douchebag when playing rec ball. All I need is some low-top socks and shoes, calf compression sleeves, a shooting sleeve on my dominant hand, a head band, and my cross necklace.

No thanks, Jeff...
Quote from lakerforever24 View Post :
lmao at at the headband and shooting sleeves. sounds like a teenage douche to me
While I agree the styling is a little overboard and all to common, I admit it is hard pressing to find a better sock for basketball. Some that play the game have to deal with blisters and damage to the feet and these socks deal with these issues well for me. Your feet start slipping and moving around when they get wet. The dry wicking works well to prevent that. These socks are marked R and L and have padding in the ankle and sole specific to each foot. So I can tell you from experience they are worth $16, $13, or $10 you pay. Of course they can be had for less if put in the work. i.e. $8/pr at Famous Footwear during a BOGO sale with a a friends and family coupon stacked. BTW, if you push them down to the top of the high-top to make the stripe less visible, you can go Cornballer ;-)