View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Wheeler and Dealer
  • Dec 2005
  • SOMEWHERE
  • 283 comp1demon is a jewel in the rough
Quote from Husk3rPow3r View Post :
Thanks guys!

So the Plug-in concept still needs another PC with windows to stream from?

If I do load windows, you think this PC has enough power to do all of that? I am concerned that it would have too much bogging it down.

At $129 from the Arctic website, is this really that big of a discount? Thanks again.
It's $129.99 on site / $99 on eBay. Then there is the $229 model on the site with the extras (which I might jump on).

If you load windows on the HDD you will be fine. Just don't load all the bloatware and such. No need for virus protection and spyware and such. Just load windows., XBMC, Netflix and Hulu and your set. Stream your media from another PC, or load your content directly on to the HDD.

The specs on this should be good.. But I am concerned how good. I have a Giada N3 now that played back 720p just fine and 1080P as well, but once I enable HD or Master audio it bogs down, also BLU RAY RIPS don't work on my N3 - SO I am wondering how powerful this is for MY OWN needs. The PC I have now is a 1.6Ghz Atom 330 this is an Atom 525 1.8ghz i believe. Also this has the ATI 5430 my N3 as a first generation ION. SO if tech gurus have an answer for me would be most appreciated.