View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:01 PM
L4: Apprentice
  • May 2008
  • 245 quantbuff has a spectacular aura about
Quote from Fragster View Post :
Don't mean to derail this thread but I was in the market recently for a juicer (lost 20 lbs since Dec and wanted to introduce juicing to my daily diet).

I ended up getting the "NutriBullet" juicer from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $79.99 (use their 20% coupon to knock off $20 off the $99.99 price).

I've been using that daily now for a week and so far, it actually works just like advertised!!! I find Kale leaves take a little longer to break down but spinach leaves are easy, pisy. As long as you don't overfill the somewhat small cup, there's no leakage. Plus BBB has 1 yr free exchange in store (with receipt) so no need for any extended warranty.

I've also gotten my toddlers to enjoy fresh fruit smoothies from the Bullet (half green apple, half orange, some strawberries, low fat greek yogurt and 4 oz filtered water).

Best thing is it's just a blender so no messy cleanup since there's no after-product to discard like typical juicers.

This is my breakfast 5 days a week and I've been loving it. The taste is somewhat odd (still can taste raw vegies..lol) but I'm used to it now.
- Kale leaves
- 1 scoop Whey Protein
- Half cucumber
- Flax seed
- 1 cup cold water
- slices of pineapple (this offsets the sour kale taste)
- half green apple
- 1 scoop green tea powder (I've stopped drinking coffee now)

Posting this as if you like me, you'd think twice before spending $2XX+ on something that you might not use daily (my wife tried my juicer recipe and hates it so she stuck to her cereal breakfast so I guess juicing might not be for everybody...well...depends on how health conscious one is)
Juicing Vs Blending is like Iphone Vs Andriod debate. I also use nutri bullet and its pretty good