View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:58 PM
disgruntled caveman
  • Nov 2006
  • 1,818 bonkman has a brilliant future
Quote from netanderthal View Post :
If Netflix, Hulu or some other flash/browser based video content is a requirement for you, then this barebone is not for you. If you want to record TV signal off the air or from the cable card or have any sort of DVR functionality, then this DVR is not for you.

What this particular barebone should do great is playback high-def downloaded movies.

If you want something that will satisfy the former requirements, your only choice would be an i3/5/7-based Windows MCE system for DVR/Hulu/Netflix and the mediabrowser plugin for downloaded content.
If you think you need an i3 or greater for DVR and hulu/netflix, you are clearly deluded. I'm running an Athlon XII 4050e and it works fine -- even recording three channels simultaneously and streaming to another computer.
I heart slickdeals:

$12: 10 (good!) DVDs
$138: Zen X-Fi 32 gb
$4: ToyStory 1&2 BR/DVD + 2x TS3 movie tix
$45: 8 bags M&Ms+ 4Orville 6packs + 2 Redbox +3 blurays+ 2 DVDs+ 4 movie tix+ 1 Bisquick
$262: 50" LED TV
$281.99: mower+ 3 barstool+ 2 tailgate grill+ 6fertilizer+sawzall+4pillows+edger+swimsuit+2WiiU AfterglowPro +2sandals + sprinkler + 50' hose -- SYWR
One happy wife!
Running video game deal list: $155 bought me
3DS: DKCR, ALBW, PkmnY, MarioGolf, Starfox, FE:A
WiiU: NinLand, BatmanAC, AC4, W101, NG:RE, MK8, Pikmin 3, NSLU, 3DWorld, ZombiU