View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Wheeler Dealer
  • Jan 2010
  • 314 shrine is a jewel in the rough
Quote from MusicsAllWeGot View Post :
I completely disagree that XFX is superior than PowerColor, that is more 'to each their own' and yes XFX is a good reputable manufacture and their warranties are great as well but PowerColor is definitely not the worst brand you could buy.
PowerColor produces the worst version of this card, second to Diamond. It has the loudest fan (which is one of the the only things the mfr. has control over!). Any roundup demonstrates that. It also has one of the weakest warranty responses based on what I've read, but there's no means of quantifying that. Most hardware/enthusiast/tech support forums substantiate that, though.

I don't care, it's not skin off my back, but let's not pretend that every 2-3 year warranty is made equal. Asus, MSI, XFX, etc actually fulfill warranties in a timely way. Cheapo brands like PowerColor and Diamond give you the runaround because they operate at the margins and can't afford to actually fulfill the warranties they promise.

I'm not TDing this - but there's cost savings here for good reason. Inferior warranty, inferior fan.