View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
L6: Expert
  • Oct 2009
  • 430 proppat is just really nice
Quote from SlickDealJosh View Post :
It is a very similar debate. If your super wealthy there is no reason to not be juicing. For most people a blender you get much higher yields and so you dont have a lot of waste. I am in favor of blending with Vitamix. Nutribullet will die quickly because its a POS

Not really. Blending and juicing are completely different. For example, I can't sit down and eat 5 carrots, a beat, 3 stalks of celery, and 3-4 cups of spinach at a sitting. Even if I could, I wouldn't want to. If I threw it all in a blender, sure, that would be a lot of food. More food than I can eat and it would have a terrible texture. But, conversely, I can juice it, get most of the nutrients out of it, and throw away the roughage that has little nutritional value. The best part is that you also get the soluble fiber out of the produce, you just throw out the insoluble part.

Basically, if you want a meal replacement, by all means blend. It's super healthy and it fills you up easily. One of the best things you can do to lose weight. If you want to supercharge your body with nutrients, get a juicer. I have both an Omega juicer and a Blendtec blender on my counter and they're both very different machines with very different purposes. I would actually argue that my Omega juicer is more versatile than my Blendtec, but it all depends on what you want to do.