View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
hi
  • Dec 2008
  • 166 redcashmere has a spectacular aura about
Quote from johnlawwhiskey View Post :
Of the Sunbeam line of electric blankets, this is my favorite blanket. When you first receive the blanket, test it immediately. It's been my experience that they do not all heat up like they are supposed to. Sometimes you get a faulty controller, sometimes the heating element just doesn't get hot enough, and sometimes you just get a bad blanket. Of eight that have been purchased, three didn't heat right out of the box, one heated but didn't get hot like it was supposed to. We had no problems with the others. These were gifts, and we knew to test them ahead of time, because of our experience with other Sunbeam electric blankets. In terms of holding up, they hold up well, but if you are a heavy electric blanket user you will find yourself replacing the blanket every season if you go with a Sunbeam. I prefer the Soft Heat and the Serta electric blankets over the Sunbeam, but Sunbeam are hands down more affordable.
Thanks for the heads up. not worth the possible hassle to me then (shipping, return shipping).