View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 AM
disgruntled caveman
  • Nov 2006
  • 1,694 bonkman has a brilliant future
Quote from LivninSC View Post :
So ya, there is no hardware to support it.

But I want it! I don't care if it'll only give me 15Mbps upload I want the 1,000 and if I don't get it I'm going to rant, rave, and sign a petition demanding something that I can't actually take advantage of. Ohhhhhh, how can the poor do without their 1,000Mbps internet!

Good summary of the posts in this thread?

All this entire article is, is some wanna be FCC head trying to tug on the heart strings of the uninformed American public by making it seem like class warfare is going on because, let me quote, "the rich are getting gouged, the poor are very often left out, and this means that we're creating, yet again, two Americas, and deepening inequality through this communications inequality." That has honestly got to be the biggest pile of steaming crap I have heard come out of someone's mouth in a long time...

/
There's no hardware to support 5g phone networks, either. But once the network exists, the hardware will *magically* come into being.

Having fun fighting a strawman? As I said, any DOC3 modem will give speeds >150Mbps. And they CAN be made for any speed necessary.

A better summary would be "telecom communications established monopolies in the US. Like any monopoly, this means they provide relatively terrible service for a relatively high price. One result of this is that the poor are unable to access the same resources as the rich. Since much of the modern world relies on constant access to high-speed internet, this further separates classes."

Well, plus your "I'm not paying that much, so therefore nobody in the US is paying that much for internet" interjections.

Last edited by bonkman; 02-13-2013 at 11:58 AM..
I heart slickdeals:

$12: 10 (good!) DVDs
$138: Zen X-Fi 32 gb
$4: ToyStory 1&2 BR/DVD + 2x TS3 movie tix
$45: 8 bags M&Ms+ 4Orville 6packs + 2 Redbox +3 blurays+ 2 DVDs+ 4 movie tix+ 1 Bisquick
$262: 50" LED TV
$281.99: mower+ 3 barstool+ 2 tailgate grill+ 6fertilizer+sawzall+4pillows+edger+swimsuit+2WiiU AfterglowPro +2sandals + sprinkler + 50' hose -- SYWR
One happy wife!
Running video game deal list: $155 bought me
3DS: DKCR, ALBW, PkmnY, MarioGolf, Starfox, FE:A
WiiU: NinLand, BatmanAC, AC4, W101, NG:RE, MK8, Pikmin 3, NSLU, 3DWorld, ZombiU