View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
L6: Expert
  • Aug 2011
  • New York City!
  • 189 QuickStriker has a spectacular aura about
Quote from icyuo2013 View Post :
Lenovo S405 is a solid built laptop..I've been used IBM to Lenovo...the Lenovo built quality is not as good as IBM ThinkPad..but better than other brands. I also bought S405-A6-4455M for my 12 years old niece for her school work...S405 is very easy to connect to wireless with no complaints....I love S405 wireless card that is much better, smart and compatible with my old router...and fast..It is a cheap and handy laptop 14" w/ 4 lbs..only for $275 even cheaper than I got last Dec (was $299.99)...think about this....too cheap to be true so you don't want to expect it can run as fast as now after 3-4 years...so...just pay another $275 after 2-3 years for i5 or A8/A10..that means you lower the risk of failures of machine and every 2-3 yrs you get a NEW one...good strategy right!! nod
Thanks for your feedback! I like the way you think with buying 275 dollar NEW laptop every 2-3 years lowering the risk of failures and all lol.

Obviously whichever I choose will be an upgrade from her real real old laptop (except this don't have a CD/DVD drive...) and it will be another upgrade in 2-3 years and etc.

I bought one for now for 294 (can you believe taxes are almost 20 dollars? eshhh) and am holding it in sealed box for now until I wait and see if there's going to be any amazing deals this upcoming President's Day weekend. If there is, I'll buy that and return this laptop (as I got 14 days), if not, she'll get this laptop...

I just hope I'm making the right decision of buying this laptop and she'll be happy with it, being that it's an A6 and not some Intel i3s or something...