View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • Feb 2010
  • 72 ChpByr will become famous soon enough
Quote from jbonez21 View Post :
I went with this Mobo, MSI Z77A-G43 [newegg.com]
I also ended up with that mobo when it was bundled with an i5-3570k for $180. No complaints here, pretty happy with it. The UEFI BIOS and USB 3.0 future proofs the average user pretty well.

Quote from dayv View Post :
do you have a source for this? i've had 0 issues with gaming in win 8.....
+1. No issues with Win 8 here. I've been told most of the complaining has to do with devs not appreciating the new Windows direction, but so far it doesn't seem to be creating any issues for me on newer or older games.

Quote from HalfAmazingOne View Post :
Do you think it's necessary to pay that much for a case? I see them here on SD for $50 or less sometimes. Are those less quality?
Without a doubt less quality with cheaper cases. I've seen, and used, some pretty nice $20 cases, but the cheaper you go the more likely it is you'll encounter some of the following: sharp internal edges, cheaper plastic components, increased weight, less expansion slots and/or flimsier designs, less fan mounting points, increased potential for noise when the computer is on, etc, etc.

Whether or not those things are important are up to you; personally I just went with whatever I thought was good looking (random $40 case) lol.

P.S. Those sharp edges hurt, glad i'm not in there often.

Last edited by ChpByr; 02-13-2013 at 10:31 PM..

02-13-2013, 10:28 PM

Guests, join the SlickDeals.net Community for free to remove this ad.