View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
L4: Apprentice
  • Oct 2006
  • 426 d55guy is just really nice
Schneider Level 2 EV Charger, $699 at Home Depot
Probably not many EV'ers here but I thought I would post anyway.

I have been checking prices on one for inside my garage. I didn't want to spend $1000 for a GE or AE and I wanted more then the 18amps on the voltec for my Miata conversion. Anyway and noticed the prices have dropped on these. I checked and reviews look good so far, they are made in the USA and Schneider is a very reputable company. I wish it had more then the 18' chord but it will work fine for my garage.

With Schneider Electric's sleek EVlink indoor electric vehicle (EV) charging station, homeowners enjoy faster charging than with a standard (110 Volt) home outlet, a simple, easy-to-use interface with one-touch operation, as well as safety and durability-all from the company that brings you Square D products "The electrical contractor’s brand of choice". Call for your FREE in-home consultation: 1-800-466-3337 enter code 267. Installation services provided by The Home Depot authorized independent professionals.

Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1772 compatible and fully tested and interoperable with Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF, Ford Focus Electric, Toyota Plug-in Prius. For other vehicle interoperability, please consider the EVlink “Enhanced” model
Charges 2-4 times faster than plugging into a standard (110 Volt) home outlet
Sleek, minimalist design works well in any home
Output current: 30 Amp continuous, Input voltage: 240 Volt AC
Auto restart feature ensures your car will continue to charge after a power outage or fault Automatic shut-off at 100% charge
User-friendly, segmented LED display shows if the vehicle is charging and for how long it has charged
Stop button and indicator lights identify if the charger is ready to use or requires attention
Delay button and indicator lights display if charging has been programmed for a later time and length of the delay
Delayed charging allows you to schedule charging for a set period of time to help reduce energy costs and environmental impact by charging during off-peak demand hours
Enclosure 's clean, modern design easily mounts on stud, drywall or masonry wall
18 ft. cable and connecter plugs into any electric vehicle entering the market today
Simple, independently mounted holder provides convenient install flexibility to better organize the cable
Standards Compliance - SAEJ1772, NEC 625, UL 2594, UL 2231-1, UL 2231-2, UL 991, UL 1998, and UL 2251
Charging Access: unrestricted
MFG Brand Name : Schneider Electric
MFG Model # : EV2430WS
MFG Part # : EV2430WS

Homedepot has them now for $699

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5...d=EV2430WS

If you don't want to do Home Depot you can always price match at Lowes or Best Buy.

Kerry

Last edited by BostonGirl; 02-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: product picture not showing, fixed