View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
L3: Novice
  • Feb 2009
  • Tucson, AZ
  • 49 mtp60 is finding his bearings
Quote from mather View Post :
Does the gel version stay cooler? I have a foam topper and one complaint is that it is a bit warm.
I can only speak on the topper (and apologies if this gets the thread slightly off-topic), but yes, the blue foam version is indeed cooler than a 10 year old foam version we just relegated to a guest bedroom).

I will say that Sleep Innovations, the OEM that makes these things has *excellent* customer service. I was on the fence a few days ago about whether or not to buy the blue foam version of their topper, or the regular old-skool version and an email via their website was answered in just a few hours by a very nice lady, Katrinka, who answered my questions quickly, and engaged me with several back and forth emails with 15 minute replies. That's rare these days, and that, together with our good experience with their older version of the foam topper and Costco's excellent return policy made it a no-brainer.

Our new blue Novaform foam topper gave us the best night's sleep last night in years, and I'm looking forward to hitting the sack shortly. I'm sure the bed version of it is just as comfortable. It's noticeably cooler than the old version, and even this time of the year when it's a bit cooler (even in AZ), I can clearly tell that the gel version is softer when I first get in bed whereas the old one took some body warmth before you started sinking in. If you've ever owned a memory foam topper or matress I'm sure you know what I'm talking about..the old one was like laying on a board for about 2 or 3 minutes!