New to the SSD world here. So i'm going to install this in my dell xps 8500 i just got over the weekend. A couple of questions before i dive in.
1) Do i need a kit to install into the desktop that i'd need to purchase elsewhere?
2) Is it relatively easy to map my OS from the HDD to this SSD? Do i need to get software to do so or the drive comes with one?
3) Do you guys recommend a fresh reinstall of Win 8? If so I'd have to call Dell up for installation disc as it only comes with recovery disc.
Thanks in advance guys!
1) You need a kit for use in desktops. You can find it in eBay.
2) You need to back your OS drive first and then restore it to your SSD. Or you could do a disk cloning.
3) I am not using Win 8.