View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 AM
L4: Apprentice
  • Mar 2012
  • 35 HalfAmazingOne is finding his bearings
Quote from Jabbit View Post :
E-mail the IT department there and get them to give you access to the Microsoft software thingy, can't remember what it is called...Technet, MSDN, something like that.
Quote from travathian View Post :
I wouldn't worry about the OEM thing. Motherboard replacement will typically trigger it, but from my experience you can still activate online, or simply call up and say you RMA'd your motherboard and had to do a clean install.

I use Win7 and see no compelling reason to upgrade, but have heard both good and bad arguments for Win8.
Oh I see. That makes sense. There were a lot of bad reviews on Amazon about the OEM ones saying that if you replaced any parts that it would trigger it, but the motherboard thing would make more sense, IMO.

I think I'm leaning towards Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Quote from Jabbit View Post :
E-mail the IT department there and get them to give you access to the Microsoft software thingy, can't remember what it is called...Technet, MSDN, something like that.
I will get right on that! I remember seeing something like that a few weeks ago. Thank you!

Last edited by HalfAmazingOne; 02-20-2013 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost