View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
L10: Grand Master
  • Mar 2004
Quote from thikthird View Post :
i've misconstrued nothing. i pretty plainly said back to you what you've said and it seems you're ashamed or angered by your own words.
No, I'm annoyed that you can't seem to offer up a simple definition of what you think the word "exploit" means and instead insist on dodging and deflecting.

Now you come here acting accusing me of being angry or ashamed. This reeks more of an attempt at a personal attack rather than any kind of discussion.

Quote :
no one is willing to work for zero dollars. this is not a supply issue.
Do even you understand the concept of supply-demand? Labor is a commodity and like all commodities, pricing sends valuable information as to the relative availability of that commodity. When there is an oversupply of labor, like during a down-turn in the economy, people become willing to work for less because otherwise they work for nothing. When the economy is booming, the price of labor goes up because the supply becomes more limited.
To deny this is incredibly naive. Even the most liberal economists would agree. If you disagree, instead of trying to make a new personal attack, how about if you provide a link to demonstrate your position is correct.

The best thing we can do to increase the pay that entry-level workers get is to fix the economy.
Science is much more than a body of knowledge. It is a way of thinking. This is central to its success. Science invites us to let the facts in, even when they don’t conform to our preconceptions.
~ Carl Sagan