View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
L2: Beginner
  • Nov 2007
  • 20 jfh3 is finding his bearings
Quote from COKEORPEPSI50 View Post :
Today I was at the Office Depot in Montgomery, IL to buy a couple of this laptop using the Staples coupon. After about 30-40 minutes of them checking if they can honor it, they decided they could honor it. After I had already concluded the transaction with my signature, one of the employees cut off the register. After waiting another 10-15 minutes they decided they couldn't honor it.

So after waiting about an hour and after finalizing the transaction they took away the laptops that they told me they were going to honor it and now I have nothing. The charge is on my card too yet I don't have the item to show for it. I'm usually patient with these type of things but that was ridiculous with how they handled. Not honoring it is one thing, but to make me wait all that time, say they're going to honor it, finalize the transaction and then take it away. Wow!
Wow, indeed. If you got to the part here you signed, you have a valid contract which they did not honor. Ask the store manager to spell his name for you. Tell him you want to make sure you get it right on the filing for breech of contract.