View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
L6: Expert
  • Feb 2012
  • 23 jonsmith74 is finding his bearings
Quote from roughnready View Post :
The irrational fear point was in reference to your question about whether they were coming to your state next. Do you honestly believe that the Missouri legislature has any reasonable chance of passing this into law and having the governor sign it?
Actually, not irrational...I live in Oregon, and just north of me [seattletimes.com]:

Quote :
“They always say, we’ll never go house to house to take your guns away. But then you see this, and you have to wonder.”

That’s no gun-rights absolutist talking, but Lance Palmer, a Seattle trial lawyer and self-described liberal who brought the troubling Senate Bill 5737 to my attention. It’s the long-awaited assault-weapons ban, introduced last week by three Seattle Democrats.

Responding to the Newtown school massacre, the bill would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable ammunition magazines. Clips that contain more than 10 rounds would be illegal.

But then, with respect to the thousands of weapons like that already owned by Washington residents, the bill says this:

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.
Notice something else we see here - elected officials not reading bills they vote on, or even sponsor as in this case. This is scary shit...we saw it clearly with Obamacare and that "have to pass it to know what's in it" nonsense from the Democrats there.

Edit - seems someone just above linked this same article...