View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 PM
L6: Expert
  • Dec 2011
  • 244 Dillweed has a spectacular aura about
Quote from jordanb9095 View Post :
I looked into the z585 and it has the same resolution and the processor has an average benchmark. For the other laptop, how can it be a free 1080p screen upgrade when it costs $50?
The APU is more than good enough. If you need an explination on how benchmarks aren't viable, I can give you one, but it's easiest to say that Intel's benchmarks are geared around legacy code whereas AMDs are geared around total system performance. Both are slanted towards their stregnths, but Intel has more money for the spin game.

720P isn't bad *for gaming* because of increased frame rate but it's crap for productivity and movies. I would say if you only write papers and crunch numbers go super high res, but if you're a broke gamer go low res for the lonevity factor.

And the HP is $50 more than the Lenovo. It's availible with a 1080p screen. I had one myself and LOVED it, but HP is stupid and they send me an Arabic KB --so I returned it and ordered a European dual GPU Thinkpad via a family member. The Thinkpad is better but NOT cheap.

02-26-2013, 06:36 PM

Guests, join the SlickDeals.net Community for free to remove this ad.