View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM
L6: Expert
  • Apr 2012
  • 201 xveganrox has a spectacular aura about
Quote from Zephon13 View Post :
I have a 10-port powered USB hub en-route for those times when I'd need more of them. The Type Cover for it is a nice addition and awesome to type on. I was just able to pull off 76wpm on typrx on it, rofl. I also have a Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D, HDMI, and DisplayPort 3in1 adapter on the way so I can use an external monitor too. And say what you want, Windows is more compatible across the board as far as software is concerned. Considering this is a 13.3" laptop, there's no reason this shouldn't include a dedicated GPU at this price point. Oh yea bro, have fun with your "superior display" when your hardware can't even drive it for anything half decent.
Glad to hear that the Surface Pro works for you, really. That puts you in pretty exclusive company. Personally, I don't include a bunch of cables and USB hubs in my definition of highly portable. I agree that a discrete GPU would be nice. but many of the "ultrabooks" in this price category run off of integrated HD 4000. If you're looking to play new games, this system isn't for you.

Although really, one could make the same argument about the Surface Pro. Last I checked there wasn't a GPU in that. If you're paying 1129.99 for a Surface Pro, you could spend much less and get a 650m or something similar - but you'd be making the sacrifice of portability. Although with you're bottomless accessory bag you might already be doing that, so maybe it wouldn't be a problem?

03-01-2013, 09:40 AM

Guests, join the SlickDeals.net Community for free to remove this ad.