SSD / mSata Boot Up - Advice Needed!
I just bought the 120gb Kingston SSD from Staples. Installed it in my PS3, and while it does seem faster, I'm wondering if I would see more bang for my buck by installing it in my desktop.
Desktop: 32gb mSATA, 1tb 7200rpm
Option: 120gb SSD
I have a few scenarios, please tell me which is the best
1) Install OS on mSATA, install programs as they fit on mSATA, and install programs >32gb on 1tb. Storage on 1tb.
2) Install OS on 1TB. Use mSATA for caching. =>This I do not understand how to set up.
3) Install OS on mSATA. Install SSD, and install programs on SSD. Use 1tb for storage.
4) Install OS on SSD. Install programs on SSD. Use 1tb for storage. mSATA not in use.
5) Install OS on SSD. Install programs on SSD. Use 1tb for storage. Use mSATA for caching. => Is this possible and/or beneficial?
Basically, my question is since the desktop has an mSATA, will I benefit from the SSD? Or would the difference be small enough that I might as well keep the SSD inside the PS3?