View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM
L4: Apprentice
  • Dec 2009
  • 125 justwanna will become famous soon enough
Quote from bulletban View Post :
received my 6141 today, got it set up and working with TWC. found out 2 things very interesting.

1. my old ethernet cable that was connected with TWC's cisco modem does not work with the new 6141 modem, i used the included cable came with the 6141, then my router could get an IP address from TWC.

2. if you used the 6141, u will get a slower speed, i assume TWC has better control if bandwidth on this DOCIS 3.0 modem, did a few speedtest, barely 15mb downloads, before i swapped out the old cisco DOCIS 2.0 modem, i ran 2 speedtest, was getting around 25mb downloads.

If you are on standard services like i do, i dont suggest u get the 6141 modem, but should get the older
DOCIS 2.0 modem, like the SB5101 to take advantage of the faster speed. the SB5101 is on sale for $19 including shipping. gonna have to order one
Covered above. TWC and others do not enable PowerBoost on DOCSIS 3.0, only 2.0. PB only increases your speed for the first few seconds of a download (long enough to make most speed tests give a result that inaccurately represents your sustained speed), so it is not a big deal to lose it...