View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • Sep 2005
  • Oregon
  • 243 Reid has a spectacular aura about
Quote from saintronin View Post :
Yeah. I know this is slickdeals and all, but I went with Amazon even though I have to pay tax (I do not at Newegg) because that $24 is well worth cutting the risk of running into a problem seeing as how the reviews indicate that 1 out of 10 has problems. Amazon said they would only deduct the cost of the games if I return the unit due to no fault of theirs. If I got one of the bad ones from Newegg, I have all the additional time waiting for it to ship (on my dime) back to the Newegg, and then back to me (probably super saver shipping so there is another 3-4 days). That $24 would get eaten up too quickly, and forget it if Newegg tried to deduct $160 from the price of the card..
My sentiments exactly.

Regarding this XFX card versus the Sapphire, I seriously doubt I would ever notice a difference. I went with the Sapphire because of the the comments mentioning slightly higher stats and less noise. Seemed worth the extra 24 bucks, and a no-brainer with Amazon Prime.

Next to a portable GPS unit, deciding on what video card to get has been one of the roughest research endeavors I've had. Much appreciative of these posts on Slickdeals.