View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 AM
L1: Learner
  • Aug 2011
I've been looking at upgrade tents for a while now. For the past 5-6 years, my wife and I have been just fine with a relatively small tent that's easy to setup and has enough room for the two of us plus our two dogs. However, now that we have a child, we're looking to upgrade to something that'll last us through the next 10-20 years. We'd like to have at least 2 rooms (one for my wife and I, one for our kid(s)), and I've seen a couple that include a third screen room that would be great for our dogs or for keeping some outside stuff dry (e.g., coolers, chairs, etc.). I'm thinking of something like the Coleman WeatherMaster 6 -> http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Wea...nt+outdoor .

When I was growing up, my family had a large tent with metal poles (read: very heavy and a pain to setup), but it accommodated our 5-person family very well, and it's still in great condition even though my parents bought it 25 years ago (it's a Coleman, though I suspect the quality is different than today's "as sold at Walmart" Coleman models).

Since I'm hoping to have it for 10+ years, I don't really mind spending several hundred bucks for a quality tent (especially for a "Made in the USA" tent). Any suggestions? Thanks!