View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 AM
L5: Journeyman
  • Jan 2007
  • ATX
  • 147 m6284505 will become famous soon enough
Quote from hilaryshotlips View Post :
I'm going to write this for what seems the 10,000th time in these forums! Unless you're some kid who backs up his greatest computer games, returning a hard drive after you've backed up important data, financial, business or personal files is foolish. You can't risk the chance that they're copied when the drive is restored or after being refurbished. Even encrypted files and some wiped drives can be restored.

There's no point in mentioning warranties for hard drives. Most experienced computer users who have hard drives with important information that crash after several years wouldn't even give them to computer techs to test for that reason.
Unless a hard drive crashes with just your OS and some programs in the first few days (and at that point you can return it to the retailer), you're really taking a chance returning a hard drive.
ROFL. Are you saying there are people out there who just buy refurb drives for the task of trying to recover some persons data for identity theft or to steal data?
I wonder what the ratio is to money spent on buying refurb drives to getting good, useable information to make money from.
PLease don't type this up for the 10,001 time. I doubt it's helping anything.