View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM
L3: Novice
  • Mar 2010
  • 203 discman017 has a spectacular aura about
Deal is finally dead. Price just went back up to $179.95. And they changed the description to say "NOTE: May be slightly scratched on the back of the device." Previously it said, "NOTE: Item may contain heavy scratches and cosmetic defects due to prior usage. The screen of the device is in perfect condition though, and this item has been tested thoroughly and works perfectly."

I'm extremely happy with mine. Maybe I got lucky and got one of the "slightly scratched" ones even though I paid for the "heavy scratches" grade. But this is an unbelievable feature set for $150. Even $180 seems like a fair price. Things I've noticed since I got it: This thing is fast -- seems even quicker than my Nexus 7, even though it doesn't benchmark as well. The screen isn't IPS but seems bright, has accurate colors, and supports a very wide range of viewing angles. I used GPS Status to check the GPS, and it got an incredibly fast lock -- faster than any other tablet I've tried. I like the 4:3 aspect ratio, although some apps (like Next Issue) don't play nicely with it.