View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 01:54 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • Oct 2011
  • 200 kahluatex has a spectacular aura about
Quote from mitun733 View Post :
If any other laptop was a 13.3 inch with this res and weighed 4.5 lbs people would bash the thread.. BUT ITS AN APPLE, LETS ALL BOW DOWN.
As someone who has built 10 computers for myself and friends, and hates paying a premium for assembled computers, I will buy another macbook, because I think they can actually be a good value, when the prices are a bit more reasonable.

I am still running a core2duo macbook I bought for $999 in the summer of 2006. I upgraded the 1gb of ram to 4gb cheaply, and I have been very very impressed with the longevity of this thing -- 7 YEARS! It's finally feeling a bit run down, and it's time to replace it. At that time, I price matched feature-for-feature, and it was very cost competitive. The customer service has been outstanding, and I'll buy again.

However, this is not a slick deal IMO. The same features (minus the OS) can be had for half of the price. And I'm sorry maclovers (I'm one, too!), but it's just not worth $500 to have OSX, and better customer service. I could just buy two laptops for the same price and use whichever doesn't break.