So, I bit on this and it came Friday. Some observations...
- It is a really well built machine. Definitely worth the price premium over cheap plastic options
- It is not light but not super heavy either. I appreciate the better battery and bigger screen
- On my home wifi I get about 75% of the speed vs other devices on the 2.4ghz band, but it is faster than my other devices on the 5ghz band. The connection on either band has been stable with no drops. I have not had a chance to test it in competitive/marginal wifi environments to see how poorly it works there.
- The poor trackpad scrolling was my biggest complaint. Disabling DES and installing the latest Synaptics driver solved that.
- Getting Intel RST to work was difficult. I had to run diskpart and format the mSATA drive as GPT but now it boots in under 10 seconds.
- My battery wear is 4% which is acceptable to me for a refurb.
All in all, I am very happy with this machine. I don't need a touch screen for day to day stuff and the benefits of this vs the competition (bigger screen vs 13" ones, better resolution vs most, backlit keyboard vs Lenovo, better battery etc etc etc) are all wins.