View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
L10: Grand Master
  • Nov 2006
  • 485 thermoelectron is a glorious beacon of light
Posted on one of her updates

Quote :
3. And here's the response I got directly from Kickstarter on Friday, March 22:

Mar 22 17:50 (EDT): hi Susan, This is john from Kickstarter. I sent out an email earlier in the day, I'm not sure you've seen it yet. I'm attaching it below for your reference - let me know if you have questions and I'll be happy to help you out. hi Susan, This is John from kickstarter, we just wanted to get an email out to you with some quick thoughts. First of all - let me just say congratulations. This is an awesome project, and we love seeing such a positive outlook on creativity and ambition geared towards young people. You're a very cool mom for helping her out...A couple of specific thoughts on what you can do to make the project more manageable: You don't have to create stretch goals. It's completely optional. If Mackenzie has something she wants to do for backers to show her appreciation that won't be a burden on her and your family, she can do it. But please don't feel obliged to create stretch goals...Finally, for all the folks in the comment section nitpicking, there are exponentially more that are rooting for you, Mackenzie (AND her brother!). You can count the folks at kickstarter in that crowd. Please let us know if you have any questions, John
Now, who the hell is John [kickstarter.com]?

Quote :
We're a team of 52 in NYC with offices in the Lower East Side. Half of us work on the product (designing and coding), and the other half work with the community. We love what we do, and who we do it with.

Hello from: Perry Chen, Yancey Strickler, Charles Adler, Lance Ivy, Cassie Marketos, Fred Benenson, Andrew Cornett, Brett Camper, Cindy Au, Daniella Jaeger, Cedric Howe, Samuel Cole, Kendel Ratley, Mike McGregor, Justin Kazmark, Meaghan O’Connell, Tieg Zaharia, Elisabeth Holm, Jed Meade, Jared Cohen, Cooper Troxell, Nicole He, Aaron Suggs, Zack Sears, Stephanie Pereira, Aurora Thornhill, Callan Lamb, Jessica Harllee, Alex Cox, Chris Muccioli, Andrew Boyajian, Dan Drabik, Brandon Williams, Tomasz Werner, Katherine Pan, Bridget Best, Erik Kastner, Emily Reese, Shannon Ferguson, Niina Pollari, Bethany Sumner, Ian Scott, Luke Crane, Michal Rosenn, Aaron Robbs, Eli Dvorkin, Christopher Wright, Leland Rechis, Michael Stewart, Ellen Chisa, Jake Loeterman, Shayne Barr.