View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Cheap Nerd
  • May 2006
  • Tucson
  • 79 nautec will become famous soon enough
I picked this lens for Nikon on the Buydig V.me deal for $309 last week. I shoot a lot of random stuff from outdoor to baseball/golf/supercross to concerts and have to swap between my 18-55 and 55-200 lenses to shoot stuff utterly sucks when you have to do it a few times in a short period.

So far after initial testing I really like the lens. I have had a few pictures come out corrupted but its more than likely the memory card on my Nikon D50.

I second the notion of getting a 35mm f/1.8 prime lens for indoors. If I know I will be shooting indoors at a party, a prime lens will be on the camera. Out and about I will be using this Sigma 18-250 lens. My initial goals was to buy the Nikon 18-200 version but in the end decided that the $300 savings with this lens and the quality of pictures shortcomings was acceptable for my needs. If I photographed professionally, I would recommend getting the more expensive lens.
My girlfriend complains that I am too cheap. Then I replied "how do you think we could afford your boob implants if I didn't save all this money for these electronics if it weren't for bargain sites." She never said another word about me about being cheap. shake head