View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
L2: Beginner
  • Jan 2005
  • 14 detpyrcne is finding his bearings
Quote from executivedealer View Post :
I'm interested in purchasing this and would like to use bitcoins to do it, but having never done anything with bitcoins before, with everything I'm reading, it looks like coinbase is the place to buy bitcoins. How can something that's linked to your bank account and done online really be anonymous? Is there a way to buy bitcoins quick without having to link your bank account? I'd like to purchase this service while the promotion lasts!
I'd be interested in this too.

Things about the VPN agreement that concern me:
1.) They, in all likelihood, keep a log of who are their users based on payment (hence maybe bitcoin would be an added layer of security if you have isolating yourself from your bitcoin(s)/bitcoin account)

2.) the VPN Agreement
https://www.privateinternetaccess...f-service/

under Conduct
"You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with use of this service. You must also agree that you nor any other user that you have provided access to will not engage in any of the following activities:
Uploading, possessing, receiving, transporting, or distributing any copyrighted, trademark, or patented content which you do not own or lack written consent or a license from the copyright owner;
Accessing the service to violate any laws at the local, state and federal level in the United States of America or the country/territory in which you reside."

under Breach
"PrivateInternetAccess.com abides by a ZERO TOLERANCE policy relating to any activity which breaches or violates our terms and conditions.

Along with the ZERO TOLERANCE policy, Clients who materially breach the terms and conditions will have their account removed without any refund. Additionally, Client understands that PrivateInternetAccess.com expressly reserves the right to hold the Client or any third-party using the service on Client’s behalf responsible for any and all financial damages and losses which may be incurred arising out of said breach or breaches, including, but not limited to attorneys fees, fees for expert witnesses, court costs, and other charges."

All that being said, I don't know how if ever the above has ever come into play. Someone noted that people are most likely using this service for the above reasons and another said that if the service was not anonymous they would not be in business for long. Any degree of enforcement of those limitations under the agreement may also adversely affect their business, but so does gov't heat.

In the end, I can't recommend a better service. One would think it at least makes it a little harder to track an individual.

*sigh* I miss the days before all these crackdowns on everyday Joes and Janes.