View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:08 AM
L6: Expert
  • Jul 2005
  • 292 antsmarchn is a jewel in the rough
Quote from tshwashere View Post :
Love their cases, had them since ipad 1 for one of their very first batch.

A few things regarding their cases for those not familiar:
- Everything is handmade, so expect slow shipping time. Not unreasonably slow, but don't expect Amazon Prime like turnaround
- Case is made using book binding technique and bamboo, so it is more an accessory than protection. Ipad + dodo looks very classy, but with the price you'll probably want to protect the case as well
- DO NOT leave the case in the car. Because of bamboo, the whole thing will warp under heat
- the HARDCOVER series is a sticker with front. The Hardcover cases attach to your ipad with adhesive, not bamboo or anything
- they are expensive, as you can already see, but with the coupon code much more palatable.

Sounds like a hassle for owning this case? Well, it's not. It is the same as how you should be treating your expensive tablet anyway. But I find Dodocases one of, if not the, most classy case around, even our current POTUS is using one.
I considered one of these cases as it is very nice and classy looking, but I didn't like the lack of protection. I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and wanted a case that provides a little more protection. I don't need Otterbox/lifeproof level protection, but I wish Dodo would make something that fits that bill.