Amazon didn't load for me earlier for some reason (I'm sure it was on my end), so I couldn't read it... haha.
Can't tell if you are serious or not...?
A carbon monoxide detector or CO detector is a device that detects the presence of the carbon monoxide (CO) gas in order to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the most common type of fatal air poisoning in many countries. Carbon monoxide is colourless, odorless, and tasteless, but highly toxic.
Recent news [cnn.com]
...not that a detector would have helped, but you get the idea of the toxicity.
I'm serious, sadly. I know what carbon monoxide poisoning is and its dangers, but I really did not know people had detectors in their residences to detect carbon monoxide. I've never seen it in any of my apartments, schools, or work places.