View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 AM
L3: Novice
  • Nov 2010
  • 33 6thspeed is finding his bearings
Quote from Penduboy View Post :
Better battery life, Pentaprisam viewfinder, weather sealed and better body are few big plus points on Canon 60d over any other canon entry level DSLR. I will pick Canon 60d anytime over Canon Rebel Series. You are getting a semi professional camera at a bargain since Canon 70d is coming out soon which is expected to priced over $1000 for the body only. So pick 60d at cheap price if you can before they are gone out of stock.
Canon 60D is NOT weather sealed based on a lot of professional reviews, it is a better camera in terms of having a faster shutter speed, filtering (built in), built in focus motor, level finder, and few more of less important perks in comparison to T4i (great camera), if money is not the issue I personally would prefer 60D but if you are not in a rush and can wait for few more months (do NOT buy first batch of cameras released!) you might be getting a better camera as 70D should deliver more in terms of image quality and futures.
I've almost picked up 60D buy after a longer research decided to give it a pass, especially after seeing image comparison between Iphone and 60D quality of pictures where ... IPhone was better EEK!