View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
L7: Teacher
  • Feb 2008
  • 614 rjm08 is a name known to all
Black & Decker 12 AMP EdgeHog Lawn Edger EH1000R Ebay - $39.99 Free Shipping
sold out again.....500+ have sold since I posted this on 4/18...
If you are interested, check this link every week or so. They might have more.

These are being sold direct from Black & Decker from near Charlotte.
B&D has 99.8% positive feedback on ebay and they sell a LOT of refurbs of all kinds of different items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....186wt_1167

I have been wanting one of these. Did a search and saw the older model rerurbs once sold for $36.99 but that was months ago.

Put it on my ebay watch list at $58.99 hoping to catch them when they went on sale again and it only took a week or so.

Noticed they dropped the price down to $39.99 and I couldnt resist..

This is the EH1000R. The LE750R seems to be almost identical.
The EH1000 is the upgraded version of the LE750 since it has a more powerful motor. 12 amp versus 11 amp, otherwise identical.

Similar units brand new run $89 at Walmart & Lowes. I think I saw them on sale for $69.99 at Sears. WMT & Sears have the old model, Lowes the new one.

Black & Decker is charging sales tax in most states. so it was $42.39 for me. (I got 80 cents in ebay bucks which makes it $41.59) If you pay with a credit card they may extend the warranty which is 2 years from the factory even though its a refurb.

They had 141 remaining when I bought mine. 59 sold, 52 of them at $58.99 and then the rest sold out. A day or two later they re-listed more. Those 200 sold out and a few days later they listed more.

Putting it together was easy. Does what its supposed to. My long neglected lawn looks MUCH better.

Has some balance issues in that mine wont stay upright unless Im holding it when the cord is attached. (A minor pain) Perhaps because I extended the handle as far as possible because I am very tall.
My edging was neglected for so long that using the trench setting made it easier.

Series:EdgeHog
Power Type:CordedElectric
Amperage:12
Torque:150 in-lbs.
RPM:4,700
Blade Length:7-1/2-in
Blade Material:Steel
Height Adjustment:3 Positions
Weight:12.4 lbs.

12 amp high-torque motor tackles tough overgrowth and creates clean-looking trench

Pull-up edge guide quickly converts from edging to landscape trenching

Three-position blade depth adjustment lets you control the cut

Built-in cord retention keeps extension cord secure

The adjustable height and pivoting handle positions provide maximum comfort and control.

Tool-free assembly is quick and hassle-free

Right or Left Handed Assist Handle Provides Flexibility and Leverage

2 year warranty, same as new.

Replacement blades EB-007A (under $10 at Lowes & Home Depot and ebay with free shipping,$7.88 at my walmart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EH1000_1.jpg (10.4 KB, 418 views)

Last edited by rjm08; 05-17-2013 at 05:49 PM..