View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Level 100: FerretLuver
  • Dec 2004
  • No one ever got fired at Microsoft for writing a completely incomprehensible, unrelated or otherwise useless error message --SlickFerret
  • 763 SlickFerret is a splendid one to behold
Quote from Oh.Y.Not View Post :
Also happy with mine, jumped in at the previous 2gb/50gb/2tb @ $40/yr deal. Wonder how long can they keep this up though, pretty much everyone's consensus was that they wouldn't be making a lot of money without seriously over provisioning the nodes at this ridiculously low price.
There are so many things in life that are oversubscribed that we take for granted, because they still work. Phones. Ever try to make a phone call after an earthquake? Roads. Ever try to get on the freeway the same time as everyone else? Oh yeah, they call that rush hour. Ethernet is based on detecting packet collisions during busy times. Do these concerns come into play when you're shopping for a smartphone, car, or router? No. But lets all stay up at night worrying if urlhasbeenblocked is oversubscribing things at this price point.

I guarantee anyone on my nodes there is awful happy with the amount of resources I'm not hogging. LMAO
Ferretgi Rules of Acquisition:
Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to
If it's free, take it and worry about hidden costs later
Only fools pay retail
More is good... all is better
A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on

From the Ohio Tourism thread:
NightVessel: We do have Ferrets at the zoo shake head /QUOTE
Free the Ohio Ferrets!!! Boycott Ohio!Ranting Censored

NightVessel: ummmmm.... I have no penis Stick Out Tongue /QUOTE