View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Between here and there
  • Mar 2009
  • 181 TheOldDude has a spectacular aura about
Quote from cowguy View Post :
Yep I got that from your video, was just wondering if his did the same too. I know for sure that this is not that case in every copy of the sigma 50 mm 1.4. I also wanted to ask you how your lens performed outdoors, I know it's simply unacceptable to have the lens fail on focusing on a simple object like a picture frame in your test, but I wanted to see if you had the same experience with 3-dimensional objects and higher contrast scenes.
Outdoors is how I initially noticed the problem. The pics were soft. After I microfocus calibrated, they were still soft. Back to Sigma it went and when it came back to me I had the same problem. Back to Sigma with the camera body it went and came back with the same problem. Then I made the video and sent the video on DVD with the camera and the lens and it came back with the same issues. To me this was proof that the lens COULD NOT be made to function properly. By that time the return period to Calumet had passed and Sigma refused to buy back the lens (I refused a replacement) so I ended up selling the lens.