View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
L4: Apprentice
  • Nov 2007
  • 101 davewvu86 will become famous soon enough
Quote from Killerz View Post :
I thought I posted back here regarding that. I unfortunately had to cancel the order because I used the wrong CC address and apparently they can't fix it after the fact. When I went back to order it was OOS. I will try again when it comes back in stock but I doubt it will work. I agree, it is absolute bullshit that we are restricted to purchasing from Sprint. Also, can someone explain this to me. Why when I go to buy a phone from Sprint they charge tax on the full retail value of the phone while Costco charges it on the sale value?
Keep us updated.

My understanding of sales tax is that a company should only charge tax on the full amount if they're receiving payment for that full amount.

For example, let's say you go to Burgerking and they have a buy one get one free deal, and you can get 2 Whoppers for $4 instead of $8. If the franchise is obtaining reimbursement for the $4 from the corporation, the proper sales tax should be charged on $8, as that's the actual sales price.

However, if the franchise is just selling its Whoppers at 2 for $4 without reimbursement, tax should be charged on $4, as that's the actual sales price.

Last edited by davewvu86; 05-03-2013 at 11:49 AM..