View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM
L3: Novice
  • Dec 2007
  • Cocoa Beach, Florida
  • 131 thcbeefcake will become famous soon enough
Quote from kapster View Post :
How did you score the 810 for $180?
I went to a T-Mobile store yesterday on a whim in Melbourne, Florida, to check out some phones and pricing, so I can migrate my Verizon and ATT phones to one account and save some money. I went there to see what the return policy was, because I have never used T-mobile and wanted to get a phone on their plan and test it out to make sure I was ok with their service before I switched. She told me there was a 14 day return policy, so I went ahead and signed up for a phone, was going to do the iPhone 5, then I saw they had the Nokia 810 on display, but it said temporarily out of stock. Asked her about it, and she said she actually had 2 refurbished ones in the back. Asked how much, and she said $180 a piece. I said screw it and bought both of those instead so my girlfriend can try out the service also before we migrate instead of buying the single iPhone 5. I came home and looked online and the only Windows phone they had on their website was the 810 refurbished for $240. So I'm just assuming it was EOL, they happened to have refurbs at the store and just wanted to get rid of them.

Also, I know this isn't a T-mobile thread, but I have two old Verizon iPhone 4's that never get used and asked her about the trade in policy. If I like the service, I can take those in anytime before mid June and they will credit 123 a piece to my account. I know that's not a slickdeal but I hate dealing with craiglisting and ebaying electronics, it's always been a hassle to me.