View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM
L3: Novice
  • Oct 2010
  • Florida
  • 105 gat0rjay will become famous soon enough
Quote from desiindc View Post :
Do you like it? How is the screen? There are some complaints that the screen on this model has a very small viewing angle and dim.
Quote from drymonkey View Post :
I would wait out on the next gen of this or go with the 13" version. The screen on the 15" is horrible.
I have the 900X4D which I believe is essentially the same machine. The screen's viewing angles from above and below are honestly pretty poor. However, once you adjust the tilt of the display for what's comfortable and looks best to you, I doubt you'll have any problems - and it may well be better than whatever you're using now (if it's a laptop). You can also pick up a WiDi adapter to share your screen on the TV for about $30AR [amazon.com]

Also, the screen is absolutely not dim at all. The complete opposite is true. I can easily use this outside in direct sunlight with no issues whatsoever.

I got lambasted when I posted the 900X4D for $790 Like New from Amazon Warehouse (so I'm a bit surprised this one for $850 is getting so many up votes - only differences are 4GB more of RAM, and black instead of silver).

In any case, I bought the 900X4D "Like New" and it arrive NIB, sealed, and clearly never opened. I have had Amazon price match the current price of $763, and will have them match it again if it goes down within 30 days. BTW, mine came with a single 4GB dimm. You could upgrade to another 4GB (8GB total) for $30... So the same machine basically for $50 off if you are willing to buy "Like New"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-li...ition=used