View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 AM
L3: Novice
  • Nov 2011
  • 61 negativeping will become famous soon enough
I have 12 of these drives. Great drives. Make sure you smart test each drive thoroughly before use. rma if any defects.

Ive ordered several in different batches. Newegg has some centers that package well (each drive suspended with plastic sleeves, inside its own individual box, then bubble wrapped, then put in a big box with their generic brown paper) (this is the way I like my stuff shipped)

Other times, when I ordered 4, I got a big piece of foam with drive slots in it, with 1 layer of bubble wrap, covering all the drives. Then that was tossed into a box, with a mild amount of brown paper in a larger box. The drives easily got tossed around and 1 of the 4 was sent back due to a dent in the drives casing.

Another time, I got each drive singly wrapped in bubble wrap, no box, no suspension, and tossed into a box with a small amount of paper. Those passed smart and have been functioning for several weeks now but still poor packaging.

I havent ordered anywhere from newegg yet since Im taking advantage of my shoprunner and free returns with shoprunner. Hopefully other vendors package alot better.