View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM
L5: Journeyman
  • Jul 2008
  • 139 kevinca will become famous soon enough
Quote from rrmoore View Post :
Several Rakuten /Buy.com posts have multiple threads about the fraudulent use of client credit card information. Perhaps a separate post needs to uniquely identify the issues surrounding the problem. Please only post here if you have significant reason to believe it is directly attributed to Rakuten, and not a general misuse of your credit card.

If you have posted elsewhere, please consider copying and pasting your details again here so that we might be able to help Rakuten fix this significant internal order processing problem. (Please save other issues, either regarding Rakuten, or other issues with credit card misuse to other posts.)

...Please don't give points to people within here. It's a help or advice thread. It might be good to eliminate any perceived ulterior motives.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Users, who made posts in the past few days, reporting fraudulent use of their credit card information via order processing at Rakuten /Buy.com:

rrmoore
tprevett
motorolaX
rebutiw
cpeed
jastisatya
rbcrewser
avishah
koyhbae
sakdeals
Udis
slinson
hagure
Amaylin
jbiz
fat1974
Friend of Sonic
Missiethegal
bookman
Marekv
chote
guyver2077
rarmortn
Add ME to this list. My card was stolen TODAY! It happened about 2 hours ago.

I guess I should give more detail. Someone EASILY changed my billing information on my Discover card by simply having the card number and figuring out the last 4 of my social.

They had already changed:
1. Billing address
2. Maiden name
3. account password on website
4. Email contact

I received an email warning of changes and work in IT, so I immediately began working to reverse the damage. By the time account was locked down 45 min into it, the individual had ordered a $2500 lenovo to a south beach hotel in miami. I had that itchy feeling over getting practically half off the cheapest internet price for that flashlight that arrives in the mail today. It seemed too good to be true to snag a flashlight that is $100 everywhere else for $60. It was.

The silver lining is that I had been suspicious of the Sams Club Discover security on their site recently. This proves how lax their card security is. So, decision made. There are lots of credit cards in the world...

Last edited by kevinca; 05-10-2013 at 10:16 AM..